Spirulina is one of the most favourite foods of herbivores food species like Malawi fish, Snails etc., Subsequently, Spirulina induces uniform growth and enhances growth rate. Spirulina also stimulates the immune system and increases the digestion rate and so the relieves the problem of swollen abdomen in fishes. Feeding Fishes with spirulina augments the brightness of colors owing to the carotene pigment of algae. Digested fats are converted to energy with the specific enzymes generated by the Spirulina foods and so is not stored as fats.
- Feeding spirulina will increase and give a more uniform growth rate for your fish.
- Spirulina will improve the digestion of your fish, more nutrition is also extracted from the food as there are no indigestible components.
- Spirulina will boost the immune system of the fish it will also aid in the prevention of swollen abdomen due to blocked intestinal passages.
- Spirulina will enhance the production of special enzymes that break down digested fats into energy rather than letting them build up in the fishes body.
- It has been proven that spirulina will bring out the coloration of your fish better this is due to the carotene pigments that are found in the algae.